Wednesday, January 11, 2006

First Job Dream Job

So finally I got a job …that also not in a software firm ..but a financial company (Futures First) and u know I ll be doing trading in futures and options ….it’s awesome…not because I like trading ..but because …if I loose out sth …then it wont be my money( just kidding)


Here r the details of my interview..

Q)He asked me abt my background
A) I told him that I was from Bhopal and I have done my whole education there only.

Q)biggest achievement in life.
A)Getting into IIIT Hyderabad bcos it is the dream of most of the ppl and
only few can make it.

Q)Ne where u have failed in ur life?
A) I said, Not failed in ne thing but I m in the process of learning
English as till my intermediate my education was in Hindi and when I came
here then only I started English...blah..blah ...he said ur English is
quite good and he was very impressed with me(I thought so) :)

Q)Why do u want to join FF?
A)I told him I have very deep interest in finance n this is the only
company which provides me the opportunity to trade and I love that...

Q)How did u hear abt us?
A)I said from placement officer and one of my friend from DAIICT.
then some crap on what did he say...blah...blah

Q)U score was good at first test ...how much time wud u take to solve the
rest?
A)I said there r 10 ques left ...I 1 min..then he asked me to solve ...I
could solve only 6 :(

Q)Do u take risk? tell me some instance?
A)I told his abt that I have invested in mutual funds, but he said that
mutual fund is least risky thing ..I said, because I invest one third of my
salary ..without ne proper training in finance thus it is a risk for me,
then he asked me lots of question on my investment ....I guess u wont be
interest in that ;=? I also told him that I get RA ship in IIIT and he
asked me abt the funda of RA ship....

Q)He gave me one no to remember ..12 digit no. (My memory is very weak
..but I tried my best to remeber it.

Q) What other companies visited in IIIT? what was ur dream option?
A) I told him abt comp and I said my dream option was DE shaw...then some
discussion on that...then I told him that some interest ppl will
also go to morgan stanly..he asked me if I wud go?
I said if I dont get into FF then I ll go ...so he said that if u get into
FF then wud u go for DE shaw of FF...I said no I wont becaues then will be
giving me some software work ...but I m actually not intereste in that...

Q)So if u dont get selected in FF that wat will u do?
A) I'll try off-campus in FF(by this I mean that I loved the work
and that is why I m so desperate for FF)...but he said u can not apply in FF
if u had been rejected ones.....

Q)finally he asked my wat was the no. I gave u initially?
A)By this time I almost forgotten the no..but some how I could remember 11
digit out of 12...Ever I was amazed by that....

some more general question were there but I cant remind all of them....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

its all about working and earning money...which makes you feel different from others
emotions donot have any value without money

Anonymous said...

hope.. u r ok with ur work

Abhay said...

@anonymous: ...actually I m doing gr8 at work..just love it

Anonymous said...

@abhay: keep it up..

Anonymous said...

nice to see tat my 'Sparkling Spirit' is doing gr8!![:)]